Thursday 30 October 2008

another over-due post

argh.

So i'm at home (again...) doing this and that an not an awful amount of work. Watched loads of Dylan Moran though, I'm kinda hooked.
So yeh, last week we had a new brief - it was on colour, and my colour was green (following on from last weeks colour wheel thang). We then had to convey what that colour meant to us - on 10 little a5 squares.
HARD.
After initially struggling and having no idea what to do apart from draw the hulk and some really bizarre lizard which looked slightly like Hugh Hefner (I blame Becca) I decided to go with the whole "green with envy" thing, and sadly not the lizard-pimp.
So I emailed a few mates from home and asked them who they envied most in the world - I love my mates, but I think they could be slightly mental.
I also seem to have made them all look pretty special...they don't actually look quite so weird in person.












I drew Lofty so badly, he strangely started to look a bit like Abraham Lincoln - not really sure how, but I kinda had no option but to crop his little face right out. Sorry mate!













Aye, Dade's mentuuuuuuuul.













I couldn't actually work out how to encorporate Hayley's envy into a final piece of work though - I just thought her envy was ace! fucking art students.

Anyways-here are some of the final resolutions I came up with.
As you weren't allowed to use text and image in the same resolution - I decided to use text to create an image, something i'd seen Jody Barton use in some of his work. His blog is worth a look (jodybarton.blogspot.com) - he come's across like he hates anything and everything and has a pretty grim view of the world, he's pretty political aswell and as the kersal massive would say he "dunt fuck abaht"....er, yeah. But his work is amazing, it makes me laugh, cringe and feel depressed at all once...which is kinda special. Infact he's probably the graphic design version of Dylan Moran. He is possibly my idol. And he has a beard. And he probably has a moustache lurking somewhere. What a man! Anyway, here's one of his pieces of work using the whole "image using text" thing I was going on about before I started rambling about beards and other types of facial hair...



















pretty ace ey? I've tried to post some more of his work but for some reason they aren't showing up on here. Weird. Anyways, back to my work....


















































This isn't all of them obviously as we were meant to do 10-but I still haven't quite finished the others so I'll have to wack the others up later.

I have also edited one of them in photoshop just to see what it'd look like ...























I'm not sure if I like these are not. I like being able to see all the mistakes in my finals, i'm not sure why, just do...so these just look a bit too clean cut and tidy for me. I'm not sure they suit me! I'm a scruffy skid y'naaaa.

Anyways...Toodles! x

No comments: